Welcome to Day 31 of the 31 Days to Build a Better Saltwater Aquarium Challenge.
Today’s challenge is simple…literally.
What I want you to do is simplify something in your tank.
You spent the majority of the last 31 days doing work on or adding things to your saltwater aquarium. But let’s face it, as much as you may be a bit obsessed with this amazing hobby, some of what we do with our tanks is work and nobody likes to do extra work.
Bigger and more complex aren’t always better. So on graduation day, as you complete your 31 Days to Build a Better Saltwater Aquarium Challenge, I want you to simplify your tank. What can you stop doing or what can you automate?
- How often do you test your water?
- If you dose, what’s your dosing schedule and how do you dose?
- Are there ways you can streamline your water changes or evaporation top-off?
- If you’re technology or gadget obsessed, you could get a dosing pump or media reactor.
Here are two ideas to get you started (but this is just a start)
- Add a reservoir to drain your protein skimmer, so you can empty it less often.
- Adapt the way you do partial water changes, to make them easier (if you have the space and/or pumps)
What complexities have you added to your tank that are more hassle than they are worth?
Thank you for taking the 31 Days to Build a Better Saltwater Aquarium Challenge.
Congratulations on your graduation.
If you signed up for the 31 day challenge, you don’t need to download it here, I’ll email it to you
Queue the commencement music. Thank you for participating in this, for making this commitment to be a better aquarium owner, for doing the work, and for spending time on this journey with me. I hope you had some fun along the way and feel like you accomplished something significant in the process.
Please leave a comment in the space below and let me know one of two things:
- Did you take the challenge (even if you didn’t complete all 31 days) and what did you think?
- What would you fix if we do this again?
If you know anyone else who you think would like to take the 31 Days to Build a Better Saltwater Aquarium Challenge, please share the love and ask them to visit here: